Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spode Blue Italian 5-Piece Place Setting Big Discount

Spode Blue Italian 5-Piece Place Setting
Spode Blue Italian was made possible by Josiah Spode's perfection of blue under-glaze printing in 1784.This collection is a tapestry of blue scene's and figure's. Today we have an extensive collection of microwave and dishwasher safe dinnerware, giftware and accessories. This pattern also includes several oven to table items. The 5 Piece Placesetting includes Dinner Plate, Salad Plate, Bread and ButterPlate, Teacup and Saucer.Continuously produced in England since 1816, the Blue Italian pattern from Spode will easily find a home on a casual or more formal table. Utilizing an underglaze printing process created by Josiah Spode and still employed today, varying shades of blue and white make up the lovely design, adding a 3-dimensional depth to each piece.

This 5-piece dinnerware place setting with service for one beautifully complements the entire line of Blue Italian tableware pieces. Comprised of a 10-1/2-inch dinner plate, 7-1/2-inch salad plate, 6-1/4-inch bread and butter plate, 5-3/4-inch saucer, and 6-ounce teacup, this set makes a wonderful starter gift, wedding present, or addition to an established collection. Based upon a late 17th Century drawing, the central design depicts classic Italian ruins in a pastoral setting, while an 18th Century Chinese-inspired floral motif decorates the outer edge of each item in this 5-piece set. Crafted from Spode's high-quality earthenware, known as Imperialware, this dinnerware set can safely be placed in the microwave or dishwasher. --Lea Werbel

What's in the Box
5-piece dinnerware place setting. Set consists of: 10-1/2-inch diner plate; 7-1/2-inch salad plate; 6-1/4-inch bread and butter plate; 5-3/4-inch saucer; 6-ounce teacup. 5 pieces total
With so many on offer these days, it is great to have a name you can trust. This item is certainly that and will be a perfect buy. The distributor have added some great touches and this equals great value.
You can trust this review, i hope you can try to buy this product and then you know this product good or no. Next time you can make a review for another people.

quality varies greatly
I ordered a dozen place settings of this pattern, and only 4 out of 12 were acceptable! The patterns were fuzzy and the blue varied from pale to dark. I was appalled at the lack of quality control in this venerable brand. The cups and saucers are made in China, and the pattern was so distorted on the cups, I thought I'd been sent another pattern! The dishes are still made in England, but the clarity of the patterns and color intensity varied too much. The other thing that I didn't realize when I ordered from amazon, the place settings were sent one or two at a time from several different sources, at varying times. It was very hard to keep all the orders and returns straight since they all had the same order number. I don't even know where the good ones came from. However, The Bowl Company provided excellent customer service, and it wasn't their fault that the dishes in the warehouse weren't up to par. Now I'm stuck with the first four place settings that look good, and don't know how...

Click here to read the full review for more information about this product.


Reliable classic
This is your basic classic Blue Italian Spode. The same stuff your mother, your grandmother, your great-grandmother etc collected and used on special occasions. The only difference is that it has been updated to be dishwasher and microwave safe. I don't know if the old stuff was also dishwasher and microwave safe and they just added the new stamp, or if they did something to its composition. But it works well. Just be sure to not use a real strong detergent. I did and saw some fading (on lots of other stuff too-that stuff took designs off glasses and other plates). Since switching to a "regular" detergent I have had no problems.
Made in Malaysia
Despite Amazon's claims that Spode is made in England, the set I received was made in Malaysia. I was very upset by this and almost sent it back, but do like the china and decided to keep it. My Tableware explained that as of late 2007, all Spode china is made in Malaysia or India (I have not verified this). I have no idea how this might compare to the Spode that was made in England. Other reviewers claim that the quality isn't as high, that things are printed off-center, etc. I don't see that with my set, but it's possible that I'm missing something.

I'm only giving this 3 stars because the china is not made in England as advertised. I'm happy with the set, but if you're looking for something with a "Made in England" stamp, you probably want to keep looking.

My Tableware packaged everything well, and offered very good customer service.
Spode Blue Italian 5-Piece Place Setting
Product Features :
  • Spode Blue Italian 5-piece dinnerware place setting with service for 1
  • Set includes dinner plate, salad plate, bread and butter plate, teacup, and saucer
  • Crafted from high-quality earthenware
  • Design inspired by 17th Century Italian drawing
  • Microwave and dishwasher-safe

Rating : 3.8 out of 5.0
List Price : $107.50

Available at Amazon : Check Saved Price Now !


0 comments:

Post a Comment